Draw in Orthographic – see notes on Orthographic.
Draw 2 Views, as shown – Front and Right Side.
See notes on Sectioning.
Make a Section Layer and give it a color of Cyan – Put your Hatch on this layer.
Do a Full Section on the Right Side View as shown of the pulley, bushing and bracket.
Finding the arc centers
- Locate the end points
- From the end point draw a circle the size of the arc.
- From the center of the circle the arc touches draw the radius of the circle + the size of the arc.
- Use the same method to find the 7.5 radius.
Drawing the Hex Slotted Nut (Castellated Nut)
- The bolt size is M12 which means it is a 12mm Metric threaded nut, therefore the nut size is a diameter of 12mm x 1.5 = 18mm from flat to flat.
- To draw the nut first created a Polygon with 6 sides, Circumscribed and lined up with the centerline. Remember to rotate the nut for the other view.
- Carry lines up to create the sides of the nut then delete the polygons.
- Lay out the holes – the side holes should be drawn smaller as they would actually be ellipses.
- Then draw the arcs.
- Lastly trim and cleanup.
Bonus: Add in dimensions when you have completed all other work.